What The Blogger Taught Me. Part 1.

Leave a Comment
I have to confess that I have probably learnt more about skincare, haircare and even healthy eating from blogs than any magazine. In this post I'm going to share a few things I have learnt from bloggers and their blogs.


Coconut Oil
Coconut is cheap and you most likely have a tub in the pantry. Now, I knew that coconut oil is great to use as a hair mask. I usually cover my hair in it and leave it over night, in the morning after washing my hair it's noticeably softer and shinier. What the bloggers have taught me is that coconut oil has many other uses. It can be used for cleansing, Caroline Hirons discusses this way better than I ever could so I'll link her post here. Coconut oil has many different uses, it works particularly well on dry cuticles.

Toner
I used to think toners were a useless step in skincare routines. I never really noticed a difference when I used them, so I just stopped. Then I heard about exfoliating and hydrating toners, suddenly it all made sense and now I never skip the 'toner' step (well, unless I'm really really tired). I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin since I started using toners such as the Pixi Glow Tonic and Caudalie beauty elixir.

Washing hair
I thought this is one thing I knew how to do. However after reading this post by Meg I knew I had to give it a go. Basically, it's an upside down hair wash. So, instead of using conditioner after shampooing, you condition first and then shampoo. Sounds strange and feels strange when your doing it. But honestly my hair has never felt softer and its quite bouncy. When you think about it it does make sense as the conditioner acts like a mini hair mask.

MINERAL OIL!
This is in capitals as before reading blogs I had no idea about mineral oil. I never heard of it in magazines. When I learnt about it I was shocked. I was shocked that it was an ingredient in most products and I was shocked how I hadn't heard about it before. Most companies use it because it is cheap, it has no skincare benefits whatsoever. The fact that it is so cheap to use but big companies think its justifiable to charge such extortionate prices for it (Eve Lom I'm looking at you) is mind blowing. Since I have stopped using products which contain mineral oil I have noticed my skin is thanking me for it. Out of all the things I have learned from blogs this is the one I'm most thankful for.

This could end up being a really long post so I'm calling this part one. What have you learned from blogs?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.