Manicure Mondays - Maybelline Berry Stain

Leave a Comment
Every year the Pantone Corporation's colour institute chooses the colour of the year. This year for 2014 the colour is 'Radiant Orchid'. "An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones.' Whilst perusing the aisles of Boots the other day I came across this offering by Maybelline. Maybelline Berry Stain, for me fits the bill of a 'radiant orchid'. It most certainly is more of a purple with pink undertones. Very flattering on the nails and perfect for spring. For a while I have been stuck in an Essie rut. Not a bad rut to be stuck in f.y.i. I thought their diffusion line had the best brushes and the best colour selection going. However, I am quite impressed with the brush on this Maybelline polish. A thick wide brush which made it was easy to apply, no mess and took only two coats to become opaque.
Maybelline Berry Stain.
The polish is extremely shiny even without the help of a topcoat. A good one to use if your in a rush. I can't comment on whether it does stay for 7 days as I normally get bored of a colour by then and tend to switch it up at around day 4. It has lasted 5 days with minimal chipping with a good base and top coat.

Have you tried any Maybelline polishes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.