Toners - Often Overlooked.

Leave a Comment
I must admit, before discovering Caroline Hirons and her blog (which is a Mecca for skincare) I never really understood Toners or the point of them. Endless magazine articles and dodgy advertising campaigns claiming they open/close pores (which we now know not to be true, pores are not doors) left me bewildered. After some research I feel I now understand the point of a toner and I most definitely can't have a skincare regime without them. Here are some toners from my skincare stash.

I split my toners into exfoliating and hydrating. Firstly I use an exfoliating toner followed by a hydrating one, which ones I use depends on how my skin is looking and feeling that day.

The Pixi Glow Tonic is one of my favourite exfoliating toners, I've raved more about it here.  I am looking to try more and have my eye on one by Ren.

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic I find this one to be the most hydrating and adds moisture back into my skin. It is gentle and helps to soothe any redness I may have. After I have swept this over my face and neck it instantly feels refreshed.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir  Caudalie claim this product gives an 'instant boost of radiance to skin'. I tend to use this one in the mornings as it helps me feel more awake and refreshed as well as perking up my skin a bit. I prefer the spray nozzle as its easier to use and comes out as a fine mist. Voilà instantly radiant skin. The scent doesn't bother me much but I know some people aren't fond of it. This would be perfect if your skin is looking a bit dull and would be ideal for long haul flights to add moisture back into skin.

This Works: Fresh Skin. I picked this up in TK Maxx on a whim and I'm glad I did. Although I have to say I hate the spray with this bottle. Its not a fine mist like the Caudalie beauty exilir and doesn't distribute evenly over the face. In fact it gets all in my hair and is a pain to use. I  much prefer to use this on a cotton wool pad and then swipe over my face and neck. I'm also not a huge fan of the scent but I can get past that as this toner helps to soothe any breakouts and redness.

Do you use a toner? What are some of your favourites?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.