Lazy Girls Guide to... Skincare

2 comments
The second in my 'lazy girls guide' series. This one is all about skincare. Now there are a lot of things I'm rather lazy about *cough, eyeliner, cough*. However when it comes to skincare I'm the opposite. I quite enjoy taking the time to work through my skincare regime. I'm sure that if me, the girl who usually waits too long in between getting her eyebrows done can do this, you can too. I'm going to present a lazy girls guide to skincare, which is simple, hopefully easy to read and straight to the point.

  1. Wash your face! A good cleanser whether its a balm, cream or oil, and a damp flannel. Just do it, even if you're tired. You'll feel great afterwards. 
  2. Tone. A swipe of an exfoliating toner, followed by a hydrating toner. Done.
  3. Serum. I have to admit I normally forget this step but notice a huge difference when I do it. Find one which is suitable for your skin type, whether your dehydrated or combination. 
  4. Moisturise!!! Pretty self explanatory really, but which ever moisturiser works for you, use it now. Yes, oily skin needs moister too. 
Now, obviously these are just the brief outlines, the bare bones, if you will. It provides a basis for your skincare routine that you can build upon. Cater it for your needs e.g daytime or night-time routine. Add in a SPF or a treatment such as an oil or face mask. I always use an eye cream, if you do too add that in also.  Double cleanse at night if you're wearing make up. Change your moisturiser for something richer at night, or lighter for the daytime. Overall, if you stick to these basic outlines you won't go far wrong and it really doesn't take long at all.  

Do you make time for your skincare regime? 

2 comments:

  1. Taking care of your skin is really important. This really simplifies it a ton. Great post.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meghan. I agree taking care of your skin is very important. After all, you only get one face.
      Sammi
      x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.