July Favourites

1 comment
Excuse me but where did July go?! Here's a quick recap of the month. My birthday is at the end of June and the start of July always includes some belated birthday celebrations. I got back from my holidays at the beginning of the month and much time after that was spent feeling the post holiday blues. During the month of July, the UK has been experiencing what the News has called a 'heat wave', or summer as some of you may know it in other wonderful countries. I love the heat so this was very welcomed as we are all in need of some vitamin D. The products I will be discussing really shone this month, and deserve their place in this months favorites.


Murad Oil Control Mattifier
As I mentioned earlier, July has been hot. I have oily/combination skin and when the heat arrives everything just melts off my face. I have tried many oil control moisturizers and strongly feel that a good cleanser is key when trying to battle the oil. Many 'oil control' moisturizers claim to de-slick but in fact do nothing to help. This one however keeps my face free off any unwanted shine, even the dreaded t-zone didn't require much powder. It also includes a SPF. I will be discussing this product more in an upcoming post, but for now I will say, this is perfect and I'm in love.

Stella by Stella McCartney EDP
This is my signature scent, I'm not one for over powering as they tend to give me headaches. I much prefer fresher, cleaner scents. Stella is just that, and I love wearing  it in the warmer months. I  get many compliments when I wear this and I will forever repurchase it. If you're looking for a light scent this summer I highly recommend Stella.

L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil
With the heat comes the dreaded humidity. I spent a good few days with hair like Monica in Friends when she goes to Barbados. I found myself constantly shouting 'its the humidity!', I tried everything, from balms to Moroccan oil. Honestly this is the only one which made a difference without weighing my hair down and leaving it looking greasy. Thank God I found this hidden away in my hair care arsenal.

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm (Coral Crush)
Not only is this coral shade beautiful and very flattering for summer, it is also extremely nourishing and lightweight. This lip balm can be built up for a more intense colour or applied lightly for a subtle tint. The most impressive part of this balm is that it doesn't strip the lips of moisture after it wears away. The colour wears beautifully and I would love to try more shades. A staple for my handbag, and actually the one I have been reaching for most. I normally have at least 6 lip balms floating in my handbag at all times (excessive, I know), so the competition is intense.

Lancome Hypnose Drama
Apart from a couple mascaras, I find that most do not do much for my lashes and I can be extremely picky. However with the Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara this is not the case. Even with one coat lashes appear longer and more voluminous, almost doll like. It definitely achieves that fluttery lash look. The colour was intensely black, it did not flake during the day and held a curl just as well at the end of the day as the start. I hope to find a cheaper alternative soon. Overall I do think this was worth the money as no other mascara I have tried has compared.

What have been some of your favorites this past month?


1 comment:

  1. You have some lovely products! The hypnose drama mascara sounds amazing!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.