Go Outside There's Life Out There

4 comments
Go outside there's life out there.



There's currently a heatwave throughout the UK, the sky is blue and every evening I've been waiting for the ice cream van to make it's presence know. Yesterday reminded me of the days I used to live for at school, because we all knew that the teachers would let us stay in the playgrounds for longer. This good spell of weather has me reminiscing about the summer holidays I experienced when I was younger. I remember playing in the garden all day, myself and my brother would play until the sun went down. I loved being outside, even just having picnics in the garden was so much fun. It got me thinking that nowadays I don't really spend that much time outside. Whether its just the era we live in where everything can be done indoors and with the internet at our fingertips it can be hard to break away sometimes. 

I love social media and blogging and can happily spend a few hours looking at a computer screen. I've recently found myself reaching for my phone more and more when I'm bored or just not knowing what to do with my time. Instagram and Twitter tend to entice us into share and self disclose more about us. This can sometimes lead us to feel down and think how dull our life seems compared to the person posting pictures of a picturesque holiday. This summer I will be putting down the phone for a few hours and closing the laptop, I'll be spending more time outside, whether it's in the garden or the park. I've promised myself I'll go for more walks to clear my head and refocus. So I urge you to do the same too. No matter how tempting it can be to share pictures or tweets about what your doing, just stop and enjoy the moment first. When bored try not to scroll through your twitter feed minute after minute. I promise you it's so liberating. Go outside and have fun, make memories and don't worry about filters or what anyone else can be doing. Join me and this summer take a vow to spend more time outside. Even when hay fever can be a right pain!

Sammi
X

4 comments:

  1. Great post, love it. I need a kick up the backside to do this because it is so easy to pick up my phone and spend 20 mins looking on facebook, when really I could do that later when I go on it again! I find that most of the stuff I do online can be done in half the time, if I stay on it longer I just end up clicking on link after link of things i'm not really bothered by. Do let us know what you get up to in this technology breaks though :) Amy
    amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Amy. I'll definitely keep you posted about how this little technology cut back is going. Maybe I'll post about it.

      Sammi

      Delete
  2. I'm the same! I do tend to search twitter / instagram when I'm bored for something to inspire me, but then I look up and there's a beautiful sunset outside my window and I roll my eyes at why I was looking at my phone. Everyone should try this, switch off and get out!
    Tash | Ballet, Dance & Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me too, maybe try a tech break for an hour and see how you get on. If you do try it let me know how you get on.

      Sammi

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.