Marsala Madness

2 comments
In case you missed the memo, Pantone; the global colour authority announced that the colour of the year is... Marsala.  Best described as an earthy wine red, Marsala is a colour that is flattering on all skin tones. Whether we have Kylie Jenner (and her lips) to thank for this one, or the fact that everything 90's has come back to slap us in the face, either way it's great news.

Marsala Pantone 2015
Colour of 2015 - Marsala
Marsala is a beautiful colour to incorporate into interior design, fashion and even beauty. It particularly makes a for a beautiful lip colour. I have been loving the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade Sultry (Ooh la la). The Revlon lip crayons are some of the best on the market. Not only are they nourishing but they are really easy to apply, the retractable crayon means no sharpener is required. The Matte Balms have more of a velvet matte finish and are not drying in the slightest. The whole shade selection is impressive but Sultry is my favourite by far. The browny- pink hue is extremely flattering and has a vintage feel about it. Purse friendly and perfect to test the Marsala trend.

I'm always more adventurous with colours when it comes to my nails. Essie's Angora Cardi is one polish which I've had in my collection for a while and always go back to. Not just limited to sweater weather, it's beautiful all year round. The Essie formula and brush make it one of my go to polish brands, as it makes for an easy fuss free at home manicure. The shade has the perfect blend of brown and brick undertones to suit all skin tones.

Will you be wearing Marsala this year?

2 comments:

  1. I love Red so any shade is beautiful to me, I am more of a deep red fan as I think it's a stunning shade!
    But I am sure at some point I will wear it, or I might have already!

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'Bath Life'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meme, it's such a lovely shade. Really enjoyed reading your blog.

      Sammi
      xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.